söndag 22 mars 2020

Alien vs. Predator and Prometheus are the Same Movie?!

I always knew there was something oddly familiar with the 2012 film Prometheus when I experienced it in the theatre back in the day, and I'm glad to find out that I was definitely not the only one to notice, but it seems as though Ridley Scott was determined to copy and paste the elements from Paul Anderson's 2004 prequel film Alien vs. Predator from beginning to end and incorporate everything into his own prequel film (unintentionally of course, but what are the odds that there would be this many major and minor similarities organized in such a similar order). As a big fan of both films I must say I find it extremely appreciated and humorous that Scott ripped off Anderson's movie, and I'm sure there could be more similarities, and one more that I would bring attention to is that both films (if looking at the extended version of AVP) start off with presenting the main alien creature as it foreshadows the revelations in the story later on in the film. And then there's the similarities between Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem and Covenant of course.

2 kommentarer:

  1. I find it very ironic and very insulting that you accuse Scott of ripping off a second-rate money-grab like AVP which not only rips off Alien but owes its very existence to Scott's masterclass. Yes, Prometheus does include a few visual from AVP but it includes visual references to dozens of movies (including Predator), television shows, etc which you may have noticed if you weren't so immersed in Anderson's B-grader. I suggest you get to know Prometheus better - the film, not the crap going on outside the movie. You might find a rich, complex and exceptional film that represents true art.

    And if you're a science amateur, you should been much more questioning of Prometheus.

    SvaraRadera
  2. What on Earth are you on about?

    SvaraRadera